Tuesday 19 June 2012

The best one


Credits: Estel-blois
Found by: Olga
Date: 07th March 2011
The card’s message:

Serdeczne pozdrowienia z Metz pisane już z Nancy! Myślę, że to co zobaczyłaś na odwrocie tak Cię powaliło, że nie jesteś już w stanie czytać, więc podam w tym miejscu przepis na gofry. Żółtka oddzielić od jaj. Zmiksować żółtka, mleko, mąkę, proszek do pieczenia, olej i sól. Białka ubić na sztywno i wymieszać z ciastem. Piec w rozgrzanej gofrownicy na rumiano 2-3 minuty. Podawać z ulubionymi dodatkami. Jeżeli jednak dotarłaś aż tu, to mam nadzieję, że zgodzisz się, że kartka ta zajmie jedno i z pierwszych (jeśli nie pierwsze) miejsc w naszej młodej jeszcze kolekcji. Zwróć uwagę, że artysta nie ujawnił nawet swojego nazwiska. Uważam, że to wielka szkoda, bo przedstawić katedrę jak dom rodziny Addamsów nie każdy potrafi. Gdy ja kupowałam, pan kioskarz długo się jej przyglądał, gdy szukałam drobnych. Potem spojrzał na mnie ze zdaniem wymalowanym na twarzy: „Proszę to przemyśleć”. Ale ja wiedziałam co robię! 
Ściskam, Ola. 

What’s wrong:
The message of the postcard is hilarious so instead of explaining the postcard I will translate it. So here we go:
Greetings from Metz written in Nancy. I think what you saw on the back side knock you down and you are not able to read so I will give you a recipe for waffles right here: separate whites from yolks; mix yolks with milk, flour, baking powder, oil and salt; whip whites until they’re stiff and mix them with dough; bake for 2-3 minutes in hot waffle iron; serve with your favorite toping. But if it happens that you have reached this part, I hope you will agree that this postcard wins one of top places or even the first place in our ‘newborn’ collection. Please notice that the artist didn’t reveal his name. I consider that’s a pity because not everyone is capable of presenting a cathedral as the Addams’ house. When I bought this postcard, the seller was examining it for a while as I was searching for loose change. Then he looked at me with this sentence written on his face: ‘Please, think it over’ but I knew what I was doing. 
Hugs, Olga!

3 comments:

  1. Such an ugly postcard from such a wonderful cathedral! Life's unfair :)

    I suppose i'll get to know it if i read your blog further, but i hope you are on postcrossing.com, because some really ugly postcards travel through there :)

    mnemosynes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I'm not on postcrossing but I guess I need to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making me smile. You do have an unusual hobby. But I think it's great. And, my family thinks I'm odd because I like to knit, scrapbook and swap. :)

    ~J3ss1ca (Swap-Bot)

    ReplyDelete